SEFIC is an acronym for Spoken English for Industry and Commerce. SEFIC is a qualification from the LCCI – London Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The LCCI International Qualifications in SEFIC are designed to help non-native learners to develop their English speaking and listening skills in order to understand, act on and respond appropriately to work or business-related information, as well as produce texts using language ranging from simple to varied
The SEFIC examination is available in 5 different levels:
- Preliminary – This measures your ability to survive in the English-speaking environment, ability to communicate in daily situations.
- First – This requires you to fulfil basic tasks in a workplace.
- Second – This is everyday communication with native speakers in a variety of situations related to professional sphere. Certificate of this level can help you to get a work abroad in such areas as Manufacturing, Family Business, Hotels, Tour Companies.
- Third – Free communication in different activities such as Management, Marketing, Trading, Logistics and so on.
- Fourth – Advanced communication skills, speaking at Meetings, Professional Discussions. If you successfully passed a test of 3rd or 4th level, you can effectively act as a Manager.
Past papers can be downloaded from the Pearson website if required.
This qualification tests students competence in communicating in a work or business context. Candidates are assessed by means of timed interviews and listening comprehension tasks. The SEFIC is suitable for all levels of student from Beginner to Advanced. It is aimed at students who wish to evidence their level of spoken Business English and record their progress. Preparation for the SEFIC involves building up skills such as Conversational English and Business English.
- The Preliminary takes about 20 minutes.
- The First usually takes about 25 minutes.
- The Second usually takes about 30 minutes.
- The Third usually takes about 35 minutes.
- The Fourth usually takes about 45 minutes.
These examinations are highly practical. They are based on one-to-one interviews. The examinations are conducted through a combination of tasks, e.g. general conversation, role-play, listening and reading comprehension.
Please contact me for more information.