PTE stands for the Pearson test of English. There are several kinds:
- Young Learners provides fun English language assessment for students aged six to 13. The topics within the Young Learners are international, age-appropriate and interesting to children. For example, families, pets and school are all included. As the tests are scenario-based, topics and language are repeated. This reinforcement of content and language gives test takers the confidence they need to perform well.
- The General is a six-level general English test. All levels are recognised globally. They are accepted by employers and education authorities in many countries as evidence of your ability in English. The general test can be taken in most Polish cities…
- Pearson offers a range of business English in association with LCCI. The LCCI International qualifications from Pearson are offered through a growing network of over 4,000 centres, supported by extensive learning resources and easy online administration. LCCI International qualifications enjoy widespread recognition from employers, universities and professional bodies. These tests cover four areas:
- Financial and Quantitative
- Marketing and Customer Service
- Business, Administration and IT
Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. The results are usually available within five business days. PTE Academic offers fast, flexible English testing. Candidates can schedule their test as little as twenty-four hours in advance, and typically receive their results within five business days. PTE Academic offers flexible testing locations, with test centres in over 50 countries worldwide. PTE Academic is accepted by thousands of academic programs worldwide, including prestigious institutions such as Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale University. Questions often test 2 skills together, such as listening and reading or reading and speaking. The whole test is done in a single session, lasting 3 hours and is taken sitting at a computer in a secure test environment. The speaking part of the exam is done at the computer. Your voice is recorded and sent for marking. One advantage of this test is that you get your results very quickly; in about 5 days. The cost varies by country but is in the range of $150-$210.