Hello! My name is Piers Midwinter. I am a Native English Speaking Teacher. I have over 16 years of full-time teaching employment. Most of my experience has been in the secondary sector. This includes eleven years teaching ICT, nine of which were spent in the UK and two at International Schools in Poland. In August 2011, I moved to Opole and switched to teaching English/Business English etc. In April 2014, I set up my own company in Poland.
Since October 2014, I have been employed by a Technical University of Dresden to teach Business English to Masters students one day each week at IHI Zittau. I have also organised Business English Courses for companies in the Opolskie region and taught in schools etc. I also teach online.
Piers Midwinter – qualifications:
- TOEIC (TCA) – The Test of English for International Communication.
- CELTA – Cambridge English Language Training to Adults
- PGCE (Post 16) -Postgraduate Graduate Certificate in Education in Information and Communication Technology.
- IB ITGS – International Baccalaureate in Information Technology in a Global Society.
- Accelerated learning
- Independent Tutor
- Digital Garage – Google Certificate.
- Doubleclick HTML5 Desktop Certified – Google certificate.
I have also received a lot of training as detailed below
- Certyfikat Uczestnictwa – Training from the American Consulate
- Child Protection Awareness Training
- Basic awareness Safeguarding Training – level 1
- Professional Career Start – Business operations, IT in Business and Use of IT.
- Many training courses at the Hotel Mercury in Opole for English qualifications in Polish schools
- I am a registered teacher with the General Teaching Council (GTC) for England
- Sept 1993 – July 1996: I studied at Middlesex University in London. I got a grade of 2.1. I thus have a BA Honours degree in ICT, Education Studies and Community Art
- Sept 1989 – July 1993: I studied at City and Guilds of London School of Art. I have a Graduateship from the City and Guilds Institute (GCGI) and a Foundation in Fine Art.
- I received TELC training in Opole in April 2014.
Past and present employment:
- May 2017 – now: Employed by Macfarlane Training Services GmbH & Co. KG as a Corporate Trainer working in the Saxony area of Germany
- October 2014 – now: Employed by the Technical University of Dresden to teach Business English to Masters Students at IHI Zittau
- April 2014 – July 2017: Employed as the Native Speaker at Nasza Szkola. In 2016, this private elementary school achieved the third best results in the whole of Poland and I am proud to have contributed to that result.
- Sept 2015 – June 2016: Employed by Elsteel in Ozimek to teach Business English at three levels on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- September 2012 – June 2015: I worked with various ESL companies in Opole.
- September 2011 – April 2012: I worked with Optima on a European Union project, teaching ESL and Matura at three Lyceums – two in Kluczbork and one in Wielun
- April 2007 – July 2011: Nominal Head of ICT at two International schools in Poland.
- September 2000 – April 2007: Full-time teacher of ICT
- 2015 – UK Language Courses at Southampton Solent University.
- 2009 to 2014 – Professional, Linguistic and Upper Studies Ltd.
- 2008 – Accent at Cumbria University
- On the 10th March 2016, I gave a lecture in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automation and Informatics at Opole University of Technology on “WordPress & SEO”
Articles on Linkedin.com
- “Getting recommendations for your business listing on Facebook”
- “WordPress & SEO”
- “Opole – a great place for Entrepreneurs to create a business”
- “HTML5 videos – what and how…”
- “Creating an events management website”
- “Dynamic Structured Snippets within Google”
- “Find your Facebook customers on self-hosted WordPress websites”
- “Business English Courses in Opole. Angielski w Biznesie”
- “How to create free Apple & Android Watch Applications”
- “Create a free Landing Page”
- “Emoticons in WordPress 4.2”
- On the 11th July 2013, PRWeb published “Dragon-Class.com – Offers Students a Way to Learn English via Skype or in Person”.
- On the 1st September 2013, the Krakow Tours website published the same article
- I am the director of two websites: Dragon-class.com and BestLanguage.org
- I am listed on the Google knowledge graph and on Wikipedia
- On May 19th, 2017, my company and my teaching services were represented at the Opole Trade Fair
- On Tuesday 11th February 2014, I presented “Daily Living” at the Hotel Mercure in Opole on behalf of Cartus International
- I directed five international Raw Arts Festivals. I co-organised two of them with the New York Arts Magazine. The London 2005 Raw Arts Festivals was London’s biggest exhibition of non-mainstream art.
- I won the “Ede and Ravenscroft” prize from Middlesex University – the prize for “Excellence in the local community”
- I won a travel prize at City and Guilds of London School of Art for my artistic skills.
- I am a Level four Local Guide on Google’s Local Guides Connect
Piers Midwinter, Piers Midwinter, Piers Midwinter, Piers Midwinter, Piers Midwinter