Welcome to my website!
My name is Piers Midwinter. I am a friendly Native English Speaker and a Highly Qualified Teacher. I was brought up and educated in the South East of England. I have been teaching for over 18 years. This includes 9 years of teaching Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the UK Secondary Sector and 2 years working at a couple of International Schools in Poland. I have taught English as a Second Language (ESL) for over 7 years. Between October 2014 and January 2018, I taught Business English to Masters students at a German University (one day a week). I have worked as a Corporate Trainer and taught Business English on-site at companies throughout the Opolskie region. I have taught Cambridge English at all levels and other English exams too.
I moved to Opole in August 2011. In April 2014, I set up my company and in August 2017, bought a flat very near Solaris and decorated it in a beautiful English style. I also have a Polish-registered car. This means I can teach at your place if required. I offer my clients a high level of English hospitality, Native English language, business expertise, professionalism, a great place to learn, central location, good resources, highly enjoyable lessons and at a very competitive price etc. Free car parking is available at the back of my building. There is a bus stop very near my flat for convenience.
My hobbies include cycling, business and technology. I have created three websites (Dragon-class.com, BestLanguage.org and LearnEnglishOnline.pl) and update them regularly. I also have a Youtube channel etc.
Friendly and Professional
Highly Qualified Teacher
Native English Speaker
Independent Tutor - Hertfordshire CC
ITGS International Baccalaureate
GTC - UK Registered Teacher
PGCE (Post 16) ICT Teacher
CELTA (Cambridge ESOL)
Certyfikat Uczestnictwa - US Embassy
Certificates - English in Polish Schools
Digital Garage Google Certificate
Safeguarding & Child Protection
Professional Career Start - IT
HTML5 Google Certificate
Teaching Business, Cambridge and IT English etc
Moved to Opole
- Oct 2017 – November 2018: Corporate Trainer contracted through Quest Corporate Language Solutions. My work included teaching at VELUX. NB Polska Sp. Z.o.o., DIEHL Controls Polska and Vetrotech Saint-Gobain Poland in Namysłów
- Mar 2017 – Jul 2017: Corporate Trainer with Macfarlane Training Services
- Oct 2016 – Jun 2017: English Teacher at Expert in Nysa
- Oct 2015 – Jun 2016: Business English Teacher at Elsteel in Ozimek
- Oct 2015 – Apr 2016: Element Sp Z.o.o
- Jan 2015 – Jun 2016: Biuro Projektowe ES Consulting
- Oct 2014 – Jan 2018: University Lecturer employed by the TU Dresden. Teaching Business English to Masters Students at IHI Zittau
- Sep 2014 – Feb 2017: EduEdu Online
- Apr 2014 – Jul 2017: Native Speaker at Nasza Szkola.
- Oct 2013 – June 2014: New Cosmopolitan
- Jan 2013 – Apr 2014: Akademia Językowa
- Nov 2011 – Apr 2014: Poliglotus
- Oct 2011 – Mar 2013: Empik School
- Sep 2011 – Apr 2012: Optima – working on European Union funded projects
- Apr 2007 – Jul 2011: Nominal Head of ICT at two International schools in Poland.
- Sep 2000 – Apr 2007: Full-time teacher of ICT
I have also had employment with at least 10 summer schools including working as an Academies Teacher teaching Information Technology and English at St. Bede’s International Summer School
- Oct 2018 – now: Corporate Trainer at Ledxon Gmbh in Masów
- Oct 2018 – now: Teaching Business English to a director of Jupro-Taim
- Sep 2018 – now: Corporate Trainer and English Teacher working with the Royal School. My work includes teaching at Itaka
- Apr 2018 – now: Corporate Trainer at Website Design Solutions
- Feb 2016 – now: Corporate Trainer at Bright Coders’ Factory
- Oct 2013 – now: Teaching English Online to a director of Knoco
All contracts are invoiced through my Company: Best Language
I teach clients at Best Language, Online or On-site at a Company, School or Institution within the Opolskie region. I generally prefer to work close to Opole. Companies wanting English lessons/courses held at a company some distance away from Opole (More than 20 kilometres) should hire me for the whole entire day and pay more for lessons (to counteract for the travel expenses and the time needed to travel etc.)
For students wanting something special – My Language School is unlike any other in Opole. It is the ONLY Language School in Opole that has been designed from the offset to provide top quality English Language Services. There is ONLY one table. The clients sit directly opposite me – the teacher. Clients are thus treated as equals. My flat has been decorated and styled in a beautiful English style etc. Best Language thus targets a Niche market – people who want and appreciate top quality in every sense.
Best Language has been set-up to offer English Language Solutions in the Opolskie region and Online. This includes:
- Corporate Training – English Language Solutions for Companies
- Bespoke English Language Courses
- Business to Business (B2B) services
- Language School services – Tutoring, coaching, lecturing and teaching etc.
- Business Language Courses for firms and Individuals
- Educational, Business and IT Consultation services
- Online teaching via Skype or Zoom.
Lessons for groups of students usually take place mainly on the premises of the company. I thus drive to your company. This saves all of your employees valuable time and money. Lessons for individuals or very small groups can also be held at my company. Courses can cover a wide range of issues related to general or business language. At the company’s request, the program can be tailored. Courses usually start at the beginning of September and usually continue until the end of the academic year. A contract thus provides both parties with a legally binding proof of agreed terms. Lessons topics can include Ice Breakers, Communication, International Marketing, Relationships, Success, Job Satisfaction, Risk, Management Styles and Team Building etc.