Marketing – This is defined as the activities of a company that are associated with the buying and selling of a product or service. It includes advertising, selling and delivering products to people. People who work in advertising departments often try to get the attention of target audiences by using slogans, packaging and endorsements etc. It can be defined in several ways, depending on the role of the advertised enterprise in relation to its position within its own market.
Marketing – the 7 P’s
The several Ps’ in modern-day marketing such as: Product – what you sell? Price – how much is it? Place – where you sell it? Promotion – how you sell it? People – how your staff are different from your competitors and thus what you can offer etc. Process – how your product is built and delivered Physical presence – how your shop and/or shop website looks like. Physical evidence – how your product/service becomes tangible.
- What is SWOT analysis?
- How does SWOT analysis affect strategy?
- What is a market plan?
- What is corporate social responsibility?
- What are the micro and macro environments?
- Which laws affect the way we market a product?
- What is market research?
- What is the product life cycle?
- What is a brand?
- What values do certain brands have?
- What is Maslow’s hierarchy of needs?
- What is Customer Relationship Management (CRM)?
- What is CRM technology?
- What is merchandise and merchandising?
- Why should businesses use trade shows?
- What is telemarketing?
- Which places are the most effective for advertisers?
- What is a logo?
- What are public relations and lobbying?
- What images spring to mind when you hear the word ‘marketing’?
- Would you like to work in marketing?
- How do you create a successful campaign?
- Should Christmas be marketed?
- What do marketing executives do?
- How has the Internet changed the way we market?
- Is there too much hype in marketing?
- Should advertising techniques target children?
- How would you start to market a product or idea you had?
Market segment, distribution, franchise, vending machine, inventory, sales representative, black hat SEO, rich media formats, pop-ups, branded content, holistic, metrosexual, socio-economic categories, peer approval, endorsements, end-user, mail-order, packaging, point-of-sale, public relations and trademark etc.
Why not take a look at my Business English Certificate webpage?