Logistics English is an ideal short course for those who work in the logistics industry, and who need English to communicate when transporting, shipping, and storing goods. Logistics management is the part of supply chain management that plans & implements the efficient, forward, and reverse flow and storage of goods, services & information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer’s requirements. A professional working in the field of logistics management is called a logistician. But there are many other important aspects to it…
Logistics English – język angielski w logistyce
- The importance of an efficient supply chain
- Using the supply chain to increase sales
- The global supply chain
- The importance of good supplier relationships
- Minimising risks with suppliers
- Managing unexpected events and disasters
- Developments in global manufacturing and sourcing
- Outsourcing production to China etc.
- Ethical sourcing
- Transporting fresh produce
- The impact of higher energy costs
- A new distribution model
- Managing changes in demand
- Fast response logistics for retailing
- Using RFID for managing stock
- Reducing a company’s carbon footprint
- Moving beyond logistics
- Making the supply chain greener
Logistics English (Język angielski w logistyce)
I use a variety of resources to help create interesting discussion including the Market Leader book on Logistics Management. But there are also important discussion questions such as: How do you define a supply chain? What are tier-one suppliers? What are the benefits to retailers if their suppliers have efficient supply chains? What images come to mind when you think of a specific brand? What are the early signs that a supplier is in difficulties? What are the risks for a company and its supply chain if a main supplier gets into financial difficulties? What is the shortest time for fresh produce to be delivered to a supermarket shelf from the moment the order is placed? How should companies with big distribution networks react to the increase in energy costs? In what ways can transport be made more carbon efficient?
Logistics English Course – Kursy język angielski w logistyce
Courses cover a wide range of issues related to logistics. At the company’s request, the program can be tailored and could thus include specialist issues such as Retailers, wholesalers, production, warehouse, shortfall, vendor, manufacturing, freight, inventory, replenishment, congestion, forecasting, labour intensive, contractors, economies of scale, stock allocation, barcode, merchandise and scarcity etc.