Welcome to my contact page. If you wish to have a lesson please fill in the form below and then click submit. From November 2nd I will move to: Konsularna 1/34, Piętro III, Pasieka, Opole 45-089. There is car park located on Konsularna for free car parking. Please do not park on the street.
Language for making contact
Introductions are the first phrases we say when we meet someone new. They are an important part of small talk – what we say when we meet people at parties. These phrases are different than the phrases we use when we greet friends. Read these phrases and practice them in these short conversations. To first make contact, we use phrases like:
- May I introduce you to…
- Do you know…?
- I’d like you to meet…
Greetings are used to say hello in English. It’s common to use different greetings depending on whether you greet a friend, family or a business associate. When you meet friends, use informal greetings. If it’s really important use formal greetings. Formal greetings are also used with people you do not know very well. To greet someone, we use phrases like:
- How do you do?
- How are you?
After greeting someone – the best way to really get to know someone is to learn what they do.This can be about their spare time and what they like etc. The questions below will give you some new ideas for topics to discuss when meeting someone new. To do this, we can use questions like:
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
- If money wasn’t an issue, what would you buy?
- Where do you most want to travel?
- What is your favourite memory?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If you could be an animal for a day, which one would you be and why?