“We would firmly recommend Piers Midwinter to anyone interested in learning English, Business English, IT English and/or requiring his consultancy services.” – Elemont sp z.o.o.
Finding new business opportunities
Developing business relationships
Winning high-value work
Building client loyalty
What is it?
Consultancy is defined as a professional practice that gives expert advice within a particular field. A consultant is an experienced professional who provides expert knowledge. He or she works in an advisory capacity and is usually not usually accountable for the outcome of a consulting. There are several reasons why businesses require consultants including:
- To provide a “short-cut” to know-how, knowledge and information that does not exist in the organisation
- To provide a professional service that does not exist in the organisation, or that is needed for a specified period of time
- To provide solutions to specific challenges and circumstances
- To validate ideas that have already been created in the organisation
- To analyse, diagnose or criticise (constructively)
- To facilitate the search for ideas and solutions with existing team members
- To facilitate, create and implement methodologies and systems that enhance efficiency and organisation
- To access a network of business or government contacts
- To bring in an experienced “outsiders”
- To implement new ideas and procedures
Consultants can coaching skills, implement technology, develop strategy and/or improve operations etc.
The idea for Disneyland’s Magic Kingdom was born on a family vacation. Walt Disney was visiting Tivoli Gardens, one of Europe’s oldest amusement parks, when he realized he could create a bigger, better version in California. His method is not unusual: Great entrepreneurs find new business ideas by paying attention to opportunities in everyday life.There are two ways to find new business opportunities:
Live in the Future – Be close to cutting-edge technology. Use something that was not available yesterday. Read news about new inventions. Think about products for young people. The future belongs to wearable computers, self-driving cars, DNA tests, and atom-thin materials. What product and services should exist around these big innovation themes?
Become an expert – There are specialized fields that are not open to anyone from the street. Customs, prisons, medical devices, military contracts, nuclear plants and bridge construction etc. Typically, you can start a company in these areas only after years of professional experience. The essence of a business is to offer a service where it is in high demand.
For more information, please do contact me or talk to me on Facebook